- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
People on the Move 04/30/12
Johnson completes course in New York
Danea Johnson, owner of Concepts Styling Salon in Cape Girardeau, recently attended an advanced salon business course in New York at the Bumble and Bumble University. The Business Immersion course is a three-day intensive workshop focusing on defining a strong salon culture, leadership, management and merchandising in a creative fashion forward atmosphere. The company has invited Johnson to attend the next level of business education and she plans to complete the course this fall.
Tanz to fill parks and recreation position
The city of Perryville has announced the selection of Jared Tanz for the Perryville Parks and Recreation Director position. He will be filling the position after current director Marv Blevins retires. He has several years of experience in parks and recreation and is currently the manager of the Cape Jaycee Municipal Golf Course. Before his current position, Tanz held several related positions throughout Cape Girardeau's parks system and at Southeast Missouri State University. He has a degree in sports management and a master's degree in business administration from Southeast.
Dr. Williams no longer with Jackson Dental
Jackson Dental announced F. Stanley Williams, D.D.S., will no longer be with the practice. Dr. Ben Goodier and Dr. Rob Etherton will remain in the dental practice. Williams announced his departure from Jackson Dental a few months ago and the dentists have been making preparations for a smooth transition. There should be no interruption in patient care and everyone currently on staff will remain employed. Goodier and Etherton expect to bring on an additional dentist soon.
Strickland Engineering featured in UM video
Strickland Engineering has been featured in the latest edition of the University of Missouri "Advancing Missouri" video series presented at the April Board of Curator's meeting. The current edition highlights the impact of graduates from the University of Missouri system in Southeast Missouri. The video can be seen online at www.advancingmissouri.com/stories/southe... or at the Strickland Engineering's Facebook page.
-- From staff report