- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Former Poplar Bluff football coach to stand trial for stealing
Former Poplar Bluff High School football coach Shane Kearbey will be bound over for trial to face a felony stealing charge, ruled Judge John Bloodworth at a preliminary hearing Friday morning.
Kearbey was charged June 3 with stealing from a football team fundraiser in which money had been collected for "meal cards" -- the school athletic program buys the cards, redeemable at local restaurants, at a cost of $5 each, and football players sell the cards for $15 each with the profits deposited in the program's reimbursable account.
Kearbey allegedly deposited money turned in by the players into his personal bank account.
Kearbey's trial was set for 9 a.m. May 15.
Poplar Bluff, Mo.