- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Jackson's Ressel reportedly signs free-agent deal with Steelers
Jackson's Grant Ressel will have a shot at playing in the NFL.
Ressel, a place-kicker who completed his eligibility at the University of Missouri in 2011, signed a free-agent contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers on Saturday, according to the Columbia Daily Tribune.
Ressel had an up-and-down senior season, which included him missing the second half of the campaign with a hip injury, and he made just 9 of 16 field-goal attempts.
But Ressel missed only three of 46 field-goal attempts over the 2009 and 2010 seasons.
The 2007 Jackson High School graduate was a first-team All-American in 2009.
He earned the starting job for the Tigers during the 2009 season.
Ressel made 26 of 27 field goals and 39 of 39 extra points, and his 98.5 percent accuracy on those kicks set an NCAA single-season record for best combined kick accuracy during his 2009 All-American campaign.