- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Wilburn - McDowell
Rebecca D. Wilburn and Sgt. Dustin P. McDowell were married Nov. 11, 2011, at The Venue. Jeremy Soucy performed the ceremony. Recorded music was played.
The bride is the daughter of Virginia Shillito of Benton, Ill., and Jay and Mary Wilburn of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Sheryl Schmitt and Brian Weiss of Cape Girardeau.
Maid of honor was Shelley Spruell of Herrin, Ill. Bridesmaids were Chrissie Bond of Cape Girardeau, Joyce Porch of Jackson, Amy Hilkerbaumer and Michelle Mayer of St. Louis.
Zachary Schmitt of Cape Girardeau was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Jason Vanderpool of Cape Girardeau, cousin of the groom; Andrew Smith of St. Louis, Josh Shoulders of New Athens, Ill., and Justin Kemp of Jackson. Ushers were Jared Weiss of Scott City, stepbrother of the groom, and Cody Bell of Cape Girardeau.
Flower girl was Annie, a dog of the couple.
The reception was held at The Venue.
The groom's mother and stepfather hosted the rehearsal dinner Nov. 10 at Pagoda Gardens.
Mrs. McDowell is a 1999 graduate of Herrin High School. She is a pharmacy technician at Saint Francis Medical Center.
The groom is a 2001 graduate of Central High School. He is employed at Pagoda Gardens and is a member of Missouri Army National Guard.
The couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.