- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)30
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Brian Donald Fletcher Gibbs, 66, of Plano, Texas, died Wednesday, April 25, 2012, in Plano.
He was born Sept. 17, 1945, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, to Peter Donald Newell and Ingrid Viola Aalto Gibbs. He married Dianna Simpson on July 1, 1989, in Scott City.
Brian was a self-employed venture capitalist. He attended Magee High School and the University of British Columbia, both in Vancouver. He was past president of the Citizens Police Academy in Dallas and an avid clock collector. He loved his dogs.
He is survived by his wife, Dianna; two brothers, Terry Peter (Patrica) Gibbs of Cornwall, Ontario, Canada, Lynn Richard Gibbs of Toronto, Ontario, Canada; a sister, Barbara Jeanne (Anthony) Sohn of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; a son, Carson Gibbs of Vancouver; father- and mother-in-law, Earl and Jean Simpson of Scott City.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Visitation will be from noon to service time Saturday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Bob Herring officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Memorial Cemetery in Scott City.