- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Good Samaritan: Many Good Samaritans
Dear Good Samaritan! There are many of you out there in SEMOland. Do you recognize yourself? No specific names are mentioned, but you are a Good Samaritan if you have done one or more of the following actions.
-- Open the door for me at a restaurant, business, doctor's office when you saw me walking with my "horse" (walker)?
-- Ask if I needed help reaching something at the supermarket?
-- Change my bed linens when I couldn't bend over?
-- Make my house and yard handicapped accessible?
-- Put my paper in my door?
-- Mow my lawn and burn the trimmings you cut from the yard? Rake the leaves?
-- Bring me meals when you weren't sure I was eating enough?
-- Invite me out for a meal or special outing?
I say, "thank you" to friends, relatives, neighbors and strangers. You are my Good Samaritan.