- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)2
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
Good Samaritan: Many Good Samaritans
Dear Good Samaritan! There are many of you out there in SEMOland. Do you recognize yourself? No specific names are mentioned, but you are a Good Samaritan if you have done one or more of the following actions.
-- Open the door for me at a restaurant, business, doctor's office when you saw me walking with my "horse" (walker)?
-- Ask if I needed help reaching something at the supermarket?
-- Change my bed linens when I couldn't bend over?
-- Make my house and yard handicapped accessible?
-- Put my paper in my door?
-- Mow my lawn and burn the trimmings you cut from the yard? Rake the leaves?
-- Bring me meals when you weren't sure I was eating enough?
-- Invite me out for a meal or special outing?
I say, "thank you" to friends, relatives, neighbors and strangers. You are my Good Samaritan.