- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Southern Bank announces merger with Capaha Bank (1/15/17)
Good Samaritan: Many Good Samaritans
Dear Good Samaritan! There are many of you out there in SEMOland. Do you recognize yourself? No specific names are mentioned, but you are a Good Samaritan if you have done one or more of the following actions.
-- Open the door for me at a restaurant, business, doctor's office when you saw me walking with my "horse" (walker)?
-- Ask if I needed help reaching something at the supermarket?
-- Change my bed linens when I couldn't bend over?
-- Make my house and yard handicapped accessible?
-- Put my paper in my door?
-- Mow my lawn and burn the trimmings you cut from the yard? Rake the leaves?
-- Bring me meals when you weren't sure I was eating enough?
-- Invite me out for a meal or special outing?
I say, "thank you" to friends, relatives, neighbors and strangers. You are my Good Samaritan.