- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Good Samaritan: Many Good Samaritans
Dear Good Samaritan! There are many of you out there in SEMOland. Do you recognize yourself? No specific names are mentioned, but you are a Good Samaritan if you have done one or more of the following actions.
-- Open the door for me at a restaurant, business, doctor's office when you saw me walking with my "horse" (walker)?
-- Ask if I needed help reaching something at the supermarket?
-- Change my bed linens when I couldn't bend over?
-- Make my house and yard handicapped accessible?
-- Put my paper in my door?
-- Mow my lawn and burn the trimmings you cut from the yard? Rake the leaves?
-- Bring me meals when you weren't sure I was eating enough?
-- Invite me out for a meal or special outing?
I say, "thank you" to friends, relatives, neighbors and strangers. You are my Good Samaritan.