- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Good Samaritan: Many Good Samaritans
Dear Good Samaritan! There are many of you out there in SEMOland. Do you recognize yourself? No specific names are mentioned, but you are a Good Samaritan if you have done one or more of the following actions.
-- Open the door for me at a restaurant, business, doctor's office when you saw me walking with my "horse" (walker)?
-- Ask if I needed help reaching something at the supermarket?
-- Change my bed linens when I couldn't bend over?
-- Make my house and yard handicapped accessible?
-- Put my paper in my door?
-- Mow my lawn and burn the trimmings you cut from the yard? Rake the leaves?
-- Bring me meals when you weren't sure I was eating enough?
-- Invite me out for a meal or special outing?
I say, "thank you" to friends, relatives, neighbors and strangers. You are my Good Samaritan.