- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Good Samaritan: Church couple
I've run up and down my front steps for 25 years without incident, but on a cold, windy day in January I mis-stepped, falling face down into the yard.
A quick trip by ambulance to the emergency room and X-rays showed a broken ankle. I'd be laid up for six to eight weeks. How could I manage that with a son at home to care for and no health or medical insurance? Not to worry -- I made a phone call to my friends at the church and they all took over from there.
As my foot was placed into a cast and I was issued crutches, a couple entered my room to usher me back home. On the way they stopped at the pharmacy, filling my pain prescription I'd surely need in the days and weeks ahead.