- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Scott City baseball routs Woodland
The Scott City baseball team used a pair of six-run rallies to defeat visiting Woodland 12-0 in five innings Monday.
"We put a lot of balls in play, made them make plays and our pitcher threw strikes," Scott City coach Lance Amick said. "Something we haven't done consistently is throw strikes and make plays in the field. We've been hit or miss with the bats, but consistently we've had eight or nine hits in games.
"If we can get those other two phases to go with that, it makes for a good team."
Scott City starter Logan Henson allowed three hits and struck out seven.
"Their pitcher really threw well today," Woodland coach Jason Crane said. "Defensively we've been better than that. Our last two games we've had more mistakes than what we like, especially today."
WP -- Logan Henson. LP -- Sean Magee. 2B -- Landon Johnson (W). Multiple hits: Scott City: Landon Robert 2-4, Heath Pobst 3-3. Records -- Woodland 10-6, Scott City 6-6.