Firefighters respond to Clark St. cooking fire

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cape Girardeau firefighters helped two residents after a cooking fire in a second-story apartment Monday afternoon.

Firefighters were called to an apartment building at 105 N. Clark St. at 1:28 p.m. and found smoke on the first and second floors of the building when they arrived, according to a news release from battalion chief Mark Starnes. Two occupants were at the second floor window. One female suffered some smoke inhalation and was treated at the scene by Cape County Private Ambulance personnel. She was not transported to a hospital. One male was escorted down the steps by firefighters.

The fire, which began on a stove, was out by the time firefighters arrived.

Firefighters then used fans to clear the smoke from the structure for about 30 minutes.

Pertinent address:

105 N. Clark St., Cape Girardeau, MO

Map of pertinent addresses

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: