- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Green - 70 Years
Walker and Jelettia Green of Cape Girardeau were married 70 years April 10, 2012. The couple will celebrate at a private dinner party April 28 at Bella Italia.
Among the guests will be a son, Dennis and wife Joy of Atlanta, Ga., and a daughter, Roberta Norman with Rick Triplett of Reno, Nev. For daughter Sharon Green, her son Kevin Green of Cape Girardeau will be attending. The other grandchildren will be unable to make the trip from towns across the country. Representing the great-grandchildren will be Rebecca Rees of Camp Pendleton, Calif., and Shawn Rees, the Green's first great-great-grandchild.
The Greens were married April 10, 1942, in Charleston, Mo.
They have nine grandchildren, four great-grandchildren, and a great-great-grandchild.
Green is a veteran of the U.S. Air Force and served in Iraq and Iran.