- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Twin daughters to Kelley Elaine Clark and Tareiquis Lasha Monta Gill of Cape Girardeau, Southeast Hospital, Monday, April 9, 2012. Lyric Iman was born at 8:34 a.m. and weighed 6 pounds, 3 ounces. Londyn Grace was born at 8:35 a.m. and weighed 7 pounds, 4 ounces. First children. Ms. Clark is the daughter of Minnie Clark of Essex, Mo., and the late Sullivan Clark. She is employed by East Missouri Action Agency at Head Start. Gill is the son of Cathy Gill of Howardville, Mo., and Edward Gibbs of New Madrid, Mo. He is employed at National Asset Recovery Services.
Daughter to Adam Louis Schafer and Michelle Marie Stokes of Cape Girardeau, Saint Francis Medical Center, 1:27 p.m. Monday, April 9, 2012. Name, Holly Noel. Weight, 7 pounds, 3 ounces. Fourth daughter. Ms. Stokes is the former Michelle O'Neal, daughter of Connie Dormeyer of Cape Girardeau, and the late Curtis McLure. She is employed by Benchmark Healthcare. Schafer is the son of Clara Schafer and William Schafer of Cape Girardeau. He is employed at ARI.
Daughter to Dr. Timothy and Rachel Wencewicz of Boston, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, 1:43 p.m. Tuesday, April 10, 2012. Name, Grace Elizabeth. Weight, 7 pounds, 11 ounces. First child. Mrs. Wencewicz is the former Rachel Ruopp, daughter of Dr. Jack and Janice Ruopp of Cape Girardeau. She is a third-year law student at Boston College. Wencewicz is the son of Thomas and Dorothy Wencewicz of Cape Girardeau. He is a postdoctoral fellow at Harvard Medical School.
Daughter to Jacob Paul and Alicia Iola Marie Ressel of Jackson, Southeast Hospital, 2:35 p.m. Wednesday, April 11, 2012. Name, Olivia Marie. Weight, 7 pounds, 8 ounces. First child. Mrs. Ressel is the former Alicia Martin, daughter of Rick and Donna Martin of Burfordville. She is a teacher with the Sikeston School District. Ressel is the son of Bob and Terri Ressel of Oran, Mo. He is a respiratory therapist at Southeast.
Daughter to Joshua Scott and Heather Marie Miller of Tamms, Ill., Southeast Hospital, 6:38 p.m. Thursday, April 12, 2012. Name, Chesleigh Dawn. Weight, 8 pounds, 11 ounces. First child. Mrs. Miller is the former Heather Pender, daughter of Patsy Pender and Russell Pender of Olive Branch, Ill. She is a teacher's aide at Shawnee Junior/Senior High School. Miller is the son of Cheryl Miller and Scott Miller of Tamms. He is a self-employed farmer.
Daughter to Russell Dale and Sabrina Marie Franklin of Perryville, Mo., Southeast Hospital, 8:04 p.m. Thursday, April 12, 2012. Name, Elizza-Bleau Marie. Weight, 7 pounds, 13 ounces. Fourth child, first daughter. Mrs. Franklin is the former Sabrina Cates, daughter of Brenda Sander of Jackson and Joe and Clara Cates of Owensville, Ohio. She is publisher of the Randolph County Herald Tribune in Chester, Ill. Franklin is the son of Terry Creekpaum and Ed Fricke of Sparta, Ill. He is employed at TG Missouri in Perryville.