- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Norma Jean Abbott, 71, of Old Appleton died Wednesday, April 18, 2012, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 12, 1940, in Cape Girardeau, to Clyde V. and Dorothy Fuller Dunn. She and Lee Abbott were married Dec. 5, 1958, in Cape Girardeau.
Norma Jean was an administrator in the automotive industry. Along with her husband, she had been an avid Harley rider. She was a loving mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
Survivors include her husband, Lee Abbott of Old Appleton; a daughter, Jane (Kenny) Maevers of Sedgewickville, Mo.; a son, Boyd Abbott Jr. of Cape Girardeau; three brothers, Richard Dunn of East Cape Girardeau, Ill., Donny Dunn of Cape Girardeau, Steve Dunn of Jackson; three sisters, Nancy Cox of Indianapolis, Sandra Fann of Jackson, Debbie Seals of Illinois; three grandchildren, David Abbott of Benton, Mo., Shayna (Steven) Stuble of Douglass, Kan., Kimberly Maevers of Sedgewickville; and a great-grandchild, Felicity Maevers of Sedgewickville.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and a sister.
A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home, with C.J. Wright officiating.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be given to American Lung Association, 1118 Hampton Ave., St. Louis, MO 63139.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.