- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Speak Out 4/20/12
I have a question for the mayor and the city council of Cape Girardeau. Why is it that you are spending $4 million on Broadway and fixing all the other streets and everything and you can't fix Lexington Avenue from Perryville Road to Mount Auburn, Route W and Kingshighway. Just think, two blocks from Lexington Avenue has got so many cracks and holes in it, it's like you are in a stock car race or something where you are trying to miss the other people. If you hit the holes, you are just going to ruin the alignment of your vehicle. Why can't you all come out here and fix this while you are working on all this other stuff and spending all this money?
Voter ID card
FINALLY we have a wonderful, professional-looking voter registration card, which gives us all the information that we need to know where we need to vote, what ward we are in, what precinct it is, etc.
I would like to know how many golf courses Cape Girardeau needs. Now another at the county park. If it continues, county park will look like a carnival ground and lose its natural beauty.