- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
Speak Out 4/20/12
I have a question for the mayor and the city council of Cape Girardeau. Why is it that you are spending $4 million on Broadway and fixing all the other streets and everything and you can't fix Lexington Avenue from Perryville Road to Mount Auburn, Route W and Kingshighway. Just think, two blocks from Lexington Avenue has got so many cracks and holes in it, it's like you are in a stock car race or something where you are trying to miss the other people. If you hit the holes, you are just going to ruin the alignment of your vehicle. Why can't you all come out here and fix this while you are working on all this other stuff and spending all this money?
Voter ID card
FINALLY we have a wonderful, professional-looking voter registration card, which gives us all the information that we need to know where we need to vote, what ward we are in, what precinct it is, etc.
I would like to know how many golf courses Cape Girardeau needs. Now another at the county park. If it continues, county park will look like a carnival ground and lose its natural beauty.