- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)15
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Speak Out 4/20/12
I have a question for the mayor and the city council of Cape Girardeau. Why is it that you are spending $4 million on Broadway and fixing all the other streets and everything and you can't fix Lexington Avenue from Perryville Road to Mount Auburn, Route W and Kingshighway. Just think, two blocks from Lexington Avenue has got so many cracks and holes in it, it's like you are in a stock car race or something where you are trying to miss the other people. If you hit the holes, you are just going to ruin the alignment of your vehicle. Why can't you all come out here and fix this while you are working on all this other stuff and spending all this money?
Voter ID card
FINALLY we have a wonderful, professional-looking voter registration card, which gives us all the information that we need to know where we need to vote, what ward we are in, what precinct it is, etc.
I would like to know how many golf courses Cape Girardeau needs. Now another at the county park. If it continues, county park will look like a carnival ground and lose its natural beauty.