- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
It's been a tough season for the Southeast Missouri State University baseball team. But the Redhawks (12-26) had a special day on Tuesday at Capaha Field as the team won 5-3 win over Arkansas State.
Senior shortstop Kenton Parmley continued his hot hitting, extending his hitting streak to 45 games. The streak is the longest for the school and Ohio Valley Conference. Parmley also holds the fourth-highest batting average in the conference this season (.413), an impressive feat by any measure.
Parmley's not the only Redhawk having a breakout season. Third baseman Trenton Moses, an Advance High School graduate, reached base Tuesday for the 58th straight game. Though a record for this streak is not kept by the OVC or NCAA, Moses does hold the school record in this category.
With Tuesday's win, coach Mark Hogan also achieved a major milestone. The longtime coach for the Redhawks now has 900 career wins. Hogan is also the winningest baseball coach in the university's history, having notched 515 victories over 18 seasons at Southeast.
Baseball continues at Capaha Field this weekend as the Redhawks take on Tennessee Tech University. The first game of the series starts at 6 tonight, followed by a 2 p.m. contest on Saturday and a 1 p.m. game on Sunday. We hope you consider heading out to the field this weekend to root on the Redhawks.
Congratulations to Parmley, Moses and Hogan on these significant achievements.