- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Velma M. Crain, 81, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, April 16, 2012, at Southeast Hospital.
She was born Aug. 12, 1930, in Holland, Mo., to James and Maggie Patterson DeCourley.
Survivors include two daughters, Sarah Jane Groves of Cape Girardeau, Frankie Marie Kassel of Nashville, Tenn.; three grandchildren, Christy Groves of Cape Girardeau, Daniel and Amanda Kassel of Nashville; two brothers, Howard and Lloyd DeCourley of Fisk, Mo.; two sisters, Ollie Rice of Poplar Bluff, Mo., Carrie Simms of Memphis, Tenn.; nieces; nephews; and other relatives.
She was preceded in death by her parents, five brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
Graveside service will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Shain Memorial Cemetery in Ash Hill, Mo.
To leave online condolences, please visit www.crainsonline.com.