- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
Good Samaritan: Lucinda Myers
I found your front page story on ground control interesting concerning trash
We probably have the most dedicated employee that picks up trash every day
on one of the worst littered streets in Cape at 500 William.
Lucinda Myers. She set up a program years ago where MoDOT provides the bags.
Lucinda emails the city when a bag is ready to pick up. Cindy also enjoys
picking up trash when she walks after work in the evening in and around her
neighborhood. She receives many thank you comments from the residents and
one lady told her last week that she has inspired her granddaughter to get
her to walk and pick up trash too. Cindy has been doing this for years.