- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Good Samaritan: Lucinda Myers
I found your front page story on ground control interesting concerning trash
We probably have the most dedicated employee that picks up trash every day
on one of the worst littered streets in Cape at 500 William.
Lucinda Myers. She set up a program years ago where MoDOT provides the bags.
Lucinda emails the city when a bag is ready to pick up. Cindy also enjoys
picking up trash when she walks after work in the evening in and around her
neighborhood. She receives many thank you comments from the residents and
one lady told her last week that she has inspired her granddaughter to get
her to walk and pick up trash too. Cindy has been doing this for years.