- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
Good Samaritan: Lucinda Myers
I found your front page story on ground control interesting concerning trash
We probably have the most dedicated employee that picks up trash every day
on one of the worst littered streets in Cape at 500 William.
Lucinda Myers. She set up a program years ago where MoDOT provides the bags.
Lucinda emails the city when a bag is ready to pick up. Cindy also enjoys
picking up trash when she walks after work in the evening in and around her
neighborhood. She receives many thank you comments from the residents and
one lady told her last week that she has inspired her granddaughter to get
her to walk and pick up trash too. Cindy has been doing this for years.