- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
CHAPMAN FAMILY TO HOST EXCHANGE STUDENT
World Heritage Student Exchange Programs has qualified Jeremy and Tyree Chapman of Chaffee, MO as a host family for Sigrid Jenssveen, a student from Norway. Sigrid will be attending Chaffee High School for the upcoming school year.
Sigrid has met all of the academic and character qualifications necessary to be accepted as an exchange student by World Heritage and the Chapman Family is eagerly awaiting her arrival in August.
World Heritage, a highly respected, non-profit, public-benefit organization, is dedicated to fostering cultural enrichment and intercultural understanding through youth exchange programs. World Heritage provides students from Europe, Asia and the Americas the opportunity to spend an exchange experience in the U.S.A.
If you are interested in hosting a student or wish to obtain more information, contact Marian Moxley, who is the local World Heritage Area Representative, at
573-887-1059 or call World Heritage toll-free at 1-800-888-9040 or visit World Heritage's website at www.whhosts.com.
WORLD HERITAGE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAMS, FORMERLY KNOWN AS SPANISH HERITAGE, IS A NON-PROFIT, PUBLIC BENEFIT ORGANIZATION AFFILIATED WITH AND OPERATED UNDER THE SPONSORSHIP OF ASSE INTERNATIONAL. WORLD HERITAGE PROGRAMS ARE CONDUCTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE HIGH STANDARDS ESTABLISHED BY THE U.S. COUNCIL ON STANDARDS FOR INTERNATIONAL EDUCATIONAL TRAVEL (CSIET). WORLD HERITAGE IS ALSO A MEMBER OF THE ALLIANCE FOR INTERNATIONAL EDUCATIONAL AND CULTURAL EXCHANGE.