- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)39
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
CHAPMAN FAMILY TO HOST EXCHANGE STUDENT
World Heritage Student Exchange Programs has qualified Jeremy and Tyree Chapman of Chaffee, MO as a host family for Sigrid Jenssveen, a student from Norway. Sigrid will be attending Chaffee High School for the upcoming school year.
Sigrid has met all of the academic and character qualifications necessary to be accepted as an exchange student by World Heritage and the Chapman Family is eagerly awaiting her arrival in August.
World Heritage, a highly respected, non-profit, public-benefit organization, is dedicated to fostering cultural enrichment and intercultural understanding through youth exchange programs. World Heritage provides students from Europe, Asia and the Americas the opportunity to spend an exchange experience in the U.S.A.
If you are interested in hosting a student or wish to obtain more information, contact Marian Moxley, who is the local World Heritage Area Representative, at
573-887-1059 or call World Heritage toll-free at 1-800-888-9040 or visit World Heritage's website at www.whhosts.com.
WORLD HERITAGE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAMS, FORMERLY KNOWN AS SPANISH HERITAGE, IS A NON-PROFIT, PUBLIC BENEFIT ORGANIZATION AFFILIATED WITH AND OPERATED UNDER THE SPONSORSHIP OF ASSE INTERNATIONAL. WORLD HERITAGE PROGRAMS ARE CONDUCTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE HIGH STANDARDS ESTABLISHED BY THE U.S. COUNCIL ON STANDARDS FOR INTERNATIONAL EDUCATIONAL TRAVEL (CSIET). WORLD HERITAGE IS ALSO A MEMBER OF THE ALLIANCE FOR INTERNATIONAL EDUCATIONAL AND CULTURAL EXCHANGE.