- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)59
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
CHAPMAN FAMILY TO HOST EXCHANGE STUDENT
World Heritage Student Exchange Programs has qualified Jeremy and Tyree Chapman of Chaffee, MO as a host family for Sigrid Jenssveen, a student from Norway. Sigrid will be attending Chaffee High School for the upcoming school year.
Sigrid has met all of the academic and character qualifications necessary to be accepted as an exchange student by World Heritage and the Chapman Family is eagerly awaiting her arrival in August.
World Heritage, a highly respected, non-profit, public-benefit organization, is dedicated to fostering cultural enrichment and intercultural understanding through youth exchange programs. World Heritage provides students from Europe, Asia and the Americas the opportunity to spend an exchange experience in the U.S.A.
If you are interested in hosting a student or wish to obtain more information, contact Marian Moxley, who is the local World Heritage Area Representative, at
573-887-1059 or call World Heritage toll-free at 1-800-888-9040 or visit World Heritage's website at www.whhosts.com.
WORLD HERITAGE INTERNATIONAL STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAMS, FORMERLY KNOWN AS SPANISH HERITAGE, IS A NON-PROFIT, PUBLIC BENEFIT ORGANIZATION AFFILIATED WITH AND OPERATED UNDER THE SPONSORSHIP OF ASSE INTERNATIONAL. WORLD HERITAGE PROGRAMS ARE CONDUCTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE HIGH STANDARDS ESTABLISHED BY THE U.S. COUNCIL ON STANDARDS FOR INTERNATIONAL EDUCATIONAL TRAVEL (CSIET). WORLD HERITAGE IS ALSO A MEMBER OF THE ALLIANCE FOR INTERNATIONAL EDUCATIONAL AND CULTURAL EXCHANGE.