- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)15
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Carrie Warfield Turns 100 Years Old!!
Carrie Warfield, a long time resident of Cape Giradeau, will become a Centenarian, a person who lives to or beyond the age of 100 years. She is second of fourteen children and was born on April 19, 1912 to Jacob and Donettia Murray. She attended Brumfield High School in Natchez, Ms. In 1932, at the age of 20, she married Henry Russell Warfield of Cape Girardeau, Missouri where they enjoyed a beautiful married life together. Henry preceded her in death in 1991. In 2004, Carrie returned to her childhood home and became an active member of the Murray Temple Church of God in Christ in which she began her walk with Christ. She lived comfortably in the "Jacob Murray Family" home for eight years prior to her current residence at the Natchez Adams County Nursing Center. Carrie is an extraordinary woman, who throughout her life exhibited a generous spirit and a warm heart. She is surrounded by family and friends who love and adore her, realizing that she has lived 10 decades of a life filled with bountiful blessings from God.
A birthday celebration will take place on Saturday, April 21, 2012 at the Murray Family home in Natchez, Mississippi.
"100 Years" of memories and 100 years of life.....You deserve a standing ovation, an honor, and a salute. Congratulations and warm wishes are in order for a HAPPY 100th BIRTHDAY!!