- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)17
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)14
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Carrie Warfield Turns 100 Years Old!!
Carrie Warfield, a long time resident of Cape Giradeau, will become a Centenarian, a person who lives to or beyond the age of 100 years. She is second of fourteen children and was born on April 19, 1912 to Jacob and Donettia Murray. She attended Brumfield High School in Natchez, Ms. In 1932, at the age of 20, she married Henry Russell Warfield of Cape Girardeau, Missouri where they enjoyed a beautiful married life together. Henry preceded her in death in 1991. In 2004, Carrie returned to her childhood home and became an active member of the Murray Temple Church of God in Christ in which she began her walk with Christ. She lived comfortably in the "Jacob Murray Family" home for eight years prior to her current residence at the Natchez Adams County Nursing Center. Carrie is an extraordinary woman, who throughout her life exhibited a generous spirit and a warm heart. She is surrounded by family and friends who love and adore her, realizing that she has lived 10 decades of a life filled with bountiful blessings from God.
A birthday celebration will take place on Saturday, April 21, 2012 at the Murray Family home in Natchez, Mississippi.
"100 Years" of memories and 100 years of life.....You deserve a standing ovation, an honor, and a salute. Congratulations and warm wishes are in order for a HAPPY 100th BIRTHDAY!!