- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda
401 Independence St.
Study session, 5 p.m. today
Meeting, 7 p.m. today
Items for discussion
* Planning and zoning commission report
* Southeast Missouri State University update: president Ken Dobbins; study body president Patrick Vining
* Cape Air update: operations vice president Andrew Bonney; midwest region marketing manager Stacey Ross
* Appearances regarding items not on the agenda
* Advisory board appointments
* Agenda review
* A public hearing to consider the proposed annexation of certain contiguous properties to the city limits, and the proposed zoning districts for those properties
* Approval of the April 2 regular and closed sessions and the April 6 special session city council meeting
* An ordinance amending Section 30-352 of the city code relating to Historic Overlay Districts. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance amending Chapter 30 of the code of ordinances by rezoning 2017 Perryville Road from R-1 to NC. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance granting a special-use permit to H&S Investments LLC for maintaining and operating a convenience store with gasoline pumps at the northwest corner of Lexington Avenue and Perryville Road. Second and third readings.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an agreement between the Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce Inc. and the city of Cape Girardeau for operation of the Convention and Visitors Bureau. Reading and passage.
* Approval of the transfer of ownership of the special use permit for lots 1 and 2 of Rivendell Court subdivision from Rivendell Properties LLC to Rhodes Properties LLC.
* An ordinance amending chapter 6 of the city's code of ordinances and adopting a new section 6-10 relating to no supplemental feeding of deer. First reading.
* An ordinance amending Schedule V of Section 26-31 of the city code, establishing a 30-minute loading zone on Frederick Street. First reading.
* An ordinance amending Schedule F of Section 26-247 of the city code, establishing no parking along portions of Frederick Street. First reading.
* Airport Advisory Board, Historic Preservation Commission and discussion about city council committee and board positions.
* Discussion regarding Boulevard Local Historic District Parking.