- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Sikeston man charged with assault of police officer
MINER, Mo. -- A Sikeston man faces felony charges after failing to stop his vehicle when approached by law enforcement officers late Thursday in Miner.
Danny Graham, 37, is charged with felony assault of a law enforcement officer, felony resisting arrest, driving while intoxicated and other traffic charges, according to a news release from Sgt. Darrin Skinner of the Miner Police Department.
At about 11:45 p.m., Miner police officers responded to a report of an intoxicated driver at Break Time. Officers saw the vehicle leaving the business and tried to make a stop when the driver allegedly failed to yield and kept driving.
Officers were able to stop the vehicle at a home in Sikeston, where the driver was apprehended.
Graham is being held on a $25,000 bond.