- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Jolie, Pitt get engaged
NEW YORK -- After seven years as a couple, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are finally engaged.
Pitt's manager, Cynthia Pett-Dante, confirmed the news in an email Friday.
There isn't a wedding date yet. The engagement "is a promise for the future," Pett-Dante said.
Pitt, 48, and Jolie, 36, have six children together, including three who are adopted.
"Their kids are very happy," Pett-Dante also said.
Pitt and Jolie have been partners since they began a relationship while working on the film "Mr. & Mrs. Smith."
Jolie was briefly married to Billy Bob Thornton, but they divorced in 2003. She was also married to British actor Jonny Lee Miller before they divorced in 1999.
Pitt was previously married to Jennifer Aniston, but they divorced in 2005 after five years of marriage.
Jolie won an Oscar for her role in 1999's "Girl, Interrupted." Pitt was recently nominated for an Academy Award for his role in last year's "Moneyball."