- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Richard Lee "PeeWee" Schaefer, 61, of Cape Girardeau passed away Thursday, April 12, 2012, at Crowley Ridge Care Center in Dexter, Mo.
He was born June 16, 1950, in Cape Girardeau, son of the late Red and Thelma Schaefer.
Schaefer lived in the Cape Girardeau area most of his life. He was a member of Eagles Aerie in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include two sons, Billy and Johnny Schaefer of Dexter; four grandchildren, Hunter MacRay Trudeau, Kaylee Schaefer, Hanna Schaefer, Sheldon "PeeWee" Schaefer; a great-granddaughter, Ember Trudeau; other family members and friends.
A private memorial service will be held at a later date.
Watkins and Sons Funeral Service of Dexter is in charge of arrangements.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.watkinsfuneralhome.com.