- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)42
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)3
Speak Out 4/15/12
COME on, Chaffee, Mo. You can be a nice little town, you just need to do some cleaning up. Some of those old houses that you've got sitting empty and run down, tear them down. Come on, clean up your little town.
Blowing up money
OUR government wasted money blowing up a perfectly good levee when it was already naturally overtopping, and there was no reason to blow it up. Now they are wasting money digging out drainage ditches. Yes, the ditches need to be cleaned, but they don't need to be cleaned with $2 million. The government just wastes money. There are some gravel roads and bridges that need to be fixed, but they are wasting money spending too much on drainage.
Waste on Broadway
IT'S the biggest waste of money what the mayor and Cape are doing on Broadway there. It looks like they could come up with a better system to get a lower cost. They're trying to push through remodeling Broadway for the opening for the casino.