- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)7
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Speak Out 4/15/12
COME on, Chaffee, Mo. You can be a nice little town, you just need to do some cleaning up. Some of those old houses that you've got sitting empty and run down, tear them down. Come on, clean up your little town.
Blowing up money
OUR government wasted money blowing up a perfectly good levee when it was already naturally overtopping, and there was no reason to blow it up. Now they are wasting money digging out drainage ditches. Yes, the ditches need to be cleaned, but they don't need to be cleaned with $2 million. The government just wastes money. There are some gravel roads and bridges that need to be fixed, but they are wasting money spending too much on drainage.
Waste on Broadway
IT'S the biggest waste of money what the mayor and Cape are doing on Broadway there. It looks like they could come up with a better system to get a lower cost. They're trying to push through remodeling Broadway for the opening for the casino.