- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Speak Out 4/15/12
COME on, Chaffee, Mo. You can be a nice little town, you just need to do some cleaning up. Some of those old houses that you've got sitting empty and run down, tear them down. Come on, clean up your little town.
Blowing up money
OUR government wasted money blowing up a perfectly good levee when it was already naturally overtopping, and there was no reason to blow it up. Now they are wasting money digging out drainage ditches. Yes, the ditches need to be cleaned, but they don't need to be cleaned with $2 million. The government just wastes money. There are some gravel roads and bridges that need to be fixed, but they are wasting money spending too much on drainage.
Waste on Broadway
IT'S the biggest waste of money what the mayor and Cape are doing on Broadway there. It looks like they could come up with a better system to get a lower cost. They're trying to push through remodeling Broadway for the opening for the casino.