- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Speak Out 4/16/12
I'VE been reading in the paper and hearing on TV all of these people telling us how the economy is getting so much better. I don't know where they live, but here in Southeast Missouri it takes twice as much money to fill up our vehicles. It takes more money every time you go to the grocery store to buy food. Things that you buy have gone up since the last time that you bought them.
TAYLOR Crowe's editorial cartoon potshot at the parochialism of Cape Girardeau residents was spot on. I can foresee a day when "Buckner bails out of all Cape projects" will supersede, "Obama re-elected in landslide," the latter likely being stuffed on the back page of section B.
Keep it country
I would like to comment about the Academy of Country Music Awards on TV recently. I am confused, why do we have to watch KISS? Why do we have to watch Lionel Richie? What happened to all the country stars that paved the way for young country artists of today? Like George Strait, Alan Jackson, Merle Haggard, George Jones. All of those guys, why weren't they on the awards show to be recognized for what they have done in the past for paving the way for the new country stars of today? I was really disappointed in the Academy of Country Music Awards this year. Hopefully they'll get their act together and keep it country next year.