- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Trees planted for Arbor Day observance April 6
Representatives of the Cape Girardeau Tree Board and Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department planted two purple leaf plum trees at the Shawnee Park Center on April 6. Cape Girardeau has been nationally recognized as a Tree City USA for 14 years, honoring the city's commitment to its community forest. Cape Girardeau continues to meet the four criteria needed to become a Tree City USA: a tree board or department, a tree care ordinance, a comprehensive community forestry program and a yearly Arbor Day observance. Pictured from left is Missouri Department of Conservation forester Rockie Hayes; Cape Girardeau Tree Board members Robert Harris and Kevin Govero; Parks and Recreation director Julia Thompson; Public Works director Tim Gramling; and Park Division manager Brock Davis.
Mo. Ag Department supports food banks
The Missouri Department of Agriculture's Harvest for Hunger Food Drive ended with more than 7,000 pounds of food donated by employees and a nearly $20,000 contribution from Missouri farmers. The department kicked off the food drive in December with a donation of nonperishable items and over $1,000 in cash. Pictured from left to right: Mark Russell, Missouri Soybean Association; Dave Drennan, Missouri Dairy Association; Dr. Jon Hagler, Missouri's Director of Agriculture; Frank Finnegan, St. Louis Area Foodbank; Scott Baker, Missouri Food Bank Association; Dan Kleinsorge, Missouri Farmers Care; Rep. Spreng, Missouri House District 27; Tina Van Horn, Soy Labs LLC.