- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Fowler - Grossheider
Kori Ann Fowler and 1st Lt. Neal David Grossheider were married Nov. 26, 2011, at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Cape Girardeau. The Rev. Kazito Wenani and Deacon Jim Long performed the ceremony. Organist was Geri Beussink and soloist was Rachel Kahle.
The bride is the daughter of Jim and Janie Fowler of Chaffee, Mo. The groom is the son of Don Grossheider of Cape Girardeau and Donna Kielhofner of Jackson.
Maid of honor was Molly Fowler of Boston, Mass., sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Shelby Rice of Chaffee; Abby Huck of Valles Mines, Mo., sister of the groom; Katelyn Vance of Kelso, Mo., cousin of the groom; and Kaleigh Williams of Reno, Nev.
Michael O'Loughlin of Fruitland was best man. Groomsmen were Derrick Kluesner of Oran, Mo., cousin of the groom; Craig Hope and Eric Balsman of Jackson; and Clint Pogue of Cape Girardeau, stepbrother of the groom. Ushers were Tyler Halterman of Cape Girardeau and A.J. Balsman of Jackson.
Banner bearers were Ava Mosier of Bono, Ark., and Clayton Huck of Valles Mines, nephew of the groom.
Following the ceremony, a traditional military saber arch ceremony was performed. Participating were 1st Lt. Brandon Williams, 1st Lt. John Corrigan, 1st Lt. Kristian Timmons, 1st Lt. Penny Reiswitz, 1st Lt. Garrett Huck, and 2nd Lt. Caleb Daughhetee.
The dinner and dance reception was held at Drury Lodge.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Nov. 25 at Dockside.
Mrs. Grossheider is a 2006 graduate of Chaffee High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in fashion merchandising from Southeast Missouri State University in 2010. She is a photo and runway model with IM Inc. Modeling Agency of Little Rock, Ark., and independent visual merchandiser.
Grossheider is a 2005 graduate of Jackson High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in telecommunication and computer networking, and an associate degree in micro-computer management from Southeast in 2009. He is a first lieutenant in the U.S. Air Force. He is a combat systems officer on HC-130 aircraft, and is in training at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, N.M.
A wedding trip is planned after completion of the groom's military training.
The couple is residing in Albuquerque, but will soon be moving to Moody AFB in Valdosta, Ga.