- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
It's springtime. Many are enjoying the beautiful flowers and trees, starting gardens and attending local sporting events, among other seasonal gatherings. For students, particularly high school seniors, spring means school is almost finished. But with the end of the year activities comes one particular event students look forward to: prom.
Several schools have already hosted their proms, and these students sure looked great in their formal apparel. To see photos from this year's festivities, check out the photo galleries at semissourian.com.
While prom and end of the year parties can be fun, it's also important to remind students to make wise decisions. Alcohol contributes to a number of fatal vehicle crashes. These accidents are devastating for families and friends, and most of these instances could be prevented by making better decisions.
To the students: Enjoy prom and the other fun events in the days and weeks ahead, but remember to make wise decisions. And thank you to all the organizers who help make these events possible, and safe, for the students.