- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)5
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)46
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)5
It's springtime. Many are enjoying the beautiful flowers and trees, starting gardens and attending local sporting events, among other seasonal gatherings. For students, particularly high school seniors, spring means school is almost finished. But with the end of the year activities comes one particular event students look forward to: prom.
Several schools have already hosted their proms, and these students sure looked great in their formal apparel. To see photos from this year's festivities, check out the photo galleries at semissourian.com.
While prom and end of the year parties can be fun, it's also important to remind students to make wise decisions. Alcohol contributes to a number of fatal vehicle crashes. These accidents are devastating for families and friends, and most of these instances could be prevented by making better decisions.
To the students: Enjoy prom and the other fun events in the days and weeks ahead, but remember to make wise decisions. And thank you to all the organizers who help make these events possible, and safe, for the students.