- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
LABYRINTH RETREAT at The Labyrinth at Abbey Road
The 2012 MMS UCC Labyrinth Retreat: "The Labyrinth: A Spiritual Tool for Such a Time as This" will be held on April 27-28, 2012, at Abbey Road Christian Church (DOC), 2411 Abbey Road, Cape Girardeau, MO.
It will be led by Dr. Marc A. Wessels, Associate Conference Minister with the Missouri Mid-South Conference of the United Church of Christ. Dr. Wessels is an ordained minister and a Veriditas-certified Labyrinth Facilitator. The retreat begins on Friday evening at 7:00pm and will conclude on Saturday at 3:00pm.
Dr. Wessels discovered the power of the labyrinth while on his honeymoon with his wife Elizabeth in New Harmony, Indiana. Intrigued by the history and the contemporary relevance to Christian spirituality, his studies led him to become a Veriditas certified Labyrinth Facilitator. Dr. Wessels was responsible for introducing the labyrinth as a spiritual tool in the Kentucky Department of Corrections as part of his Cathedral Program while serving as a Chaplain. Marc is currently an Associate Conference Minister with the Missouri Mid-South Conference of the United Church of Christ (UCC). An ordained minister in the UCC with partnership standing with the Disciples of Christ (DOC), he has served as a Missionary Associate with the Uniting Church of Australia, as a pastor in Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and Indiana, a humane educator and adjunct faculty member at Spalding University where he taught courses in church history, New Testament studies, ethics and theology.
Registration fee is $30 which covers lunch and resources and is due by April 20 to: MMS-UCC, Laura Errante, 483 East Lockwood Ave., Suite 15, St. Louis, MO 63119. (Payable to MMS-UCC and add "Labyrinth Retreat" to your check's memo line.)
For further information, please call Dr. Wessels at 877-877-5884 or Abbey Rd Christian Church at 573-335-3422. (There is a pamphlet with registration, lodging, and other information at www.mmsucc.org - click Conference Calendar and then the 4/27 date for a link.)