- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
LABYRINTH RETREAT at The Labyrinth at Abbey Road
The 2012 MMS UCC Labyrinth Retreat: "The Labyrinth: A Spiritual Tool for Such a Time as This" will be held on April 27-28, 2012, at Abbey Road Christian Church (DOC), 2411 Abbey Road, Cape Girardeau, MO.
It will be led by Dr. Marc A. Wessels, Associate Conference Minister with the Missouri Mid-South Conference of the United Church of Christ. Dr. Wessels is an ordained minister and a Veriditas-certified Labyrinth Facilitator. The retreat begins on Friday evening at 7:00pm and will conclude on Saturday at 3:00pm.
Dr. Wessels discovered the power of the labyrinth while on his honeymoon with his wife Elizabeth in New Harmony, Indiana. Intrigued by the history and the contemporary relevance to Christian spirituality, his studies led him to become a Veriditas certified Labyrinth Facilitator. Dr. Wessels was responsible for introducing the labyrinth as a spiritual tool in the Kentucky Department of Corrections as part of his Cathedral Program while serving as a Chaplain. Marc is currently an Associate Conference Minister with the Missouri Mid-South Conference of the United Church of Christ (UCC). An ordained minister in the UCC with partnership standing with the Disciples of Christ (DOC), he has served as a Missionary Associate with the Uniting Church of Australia, as a pastor in Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and Indiana, a humane educator and adjunct faculty member at Spalding University where he taught courses in church history, New Testament studies, ethics and theology.
Registration fee is $30 which covers lunch and resources and is due by April 20 to: MMS-UCC, Laura Errante, 483 East Lockwood Ave., Suite 15, St. Louis, MO 63119. (Payable to MMS-UCC and add "Labyrinth Retreat" to your check's memo line.)
For further information, please call Dr. Wessels at 877-877-5884 or Abbey Rd Christian Church at 573-335-3422. (There is a pamphlet with registration, lodging, and other information at www.mmsucc.org - click Conference Calendar and then the 4/27 date for a link.)