- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)59
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Good Samaritan: Midwest Agri-Chemico Donates Vehicle to Southeast Ag Program
Midwest Agri-Chemico, Inc., and Midwest Grain and Barge Company of Cape Girardeau have donated a Kawasaki 4010 Mule to the Department of Agriculture at Southeast Missouri State University.
Russ Mothershead, president and CEO of Midwest Agri-Chemico, Inc., and Midwest Grain and Barge, donated the utility vehicle, to support the University's agriculture program of which he and several of his employees are graduates.
"I am an alumnus, and our companies are agriculturally based in the Cape Girardeau area," Mothershead said. "This is just one way for us to help the University and the agriculture program. The Southeast Department of Agriculture is very important to this region."
The 4-wheel drive utility vehicle with a tilting cargo bed will be used at Southeast's David M. Barton Agriculture Research Center, the Charles J. Nemenick Alternative Agriculture Gardens and the Charles L. Hutson Agriculture Greenhouse to haul materials, feed and fertilizer.