- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Two men shot in Cape Girardeau (12/16/17)
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
Good Samaritan: Midwest Agri-Chemico Donates Vehicle to Southeast Ag Program
Midwest Agri-Chemico, Inc., and Midwest Grain and Barge Company of Cape Girardeau have donated a Kawasaki 4010 Mule to the Department of Agriculture at Southeast Missouri State University.
Russ Mothershead, president and CEO of Midwest Agri-Chemico, Inc., and Midwest Grain and Barge, donated the utility vehicle, to support the University's agriculture program of which he and several of his employees are graduates.
"I am an alumnus, and our companies are agriculturally based in the Cape Girardeau area," Mothershead said. "This is just one way for us to help the University and the agriculture program. The Southeast Department of Agriculture is very important to this region."
The 4-wheel drive utility vehicle with a tilting cargo bed will be used at Southeast's David M. Barton Agriculture Research Center, the Charles J. Nemenick Alternative Agriculture Gardens and the Charles L. Hutson Agriculture Greenhouse to haul materials, feed and fertilizer.