- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Good Samaritan: Midwest Agri-Chemico Donates Vehicle to Southeast Ag Program
Midwest Agri-Chemico, Inc., and Midwest Grain and Barge Company of Cape Girardeau have donated a Kawasaki 4010 Mule to the Department of Agriculture at Southeast Missouri State University.
Russ Mothershead, president and CEO of Midwest Agri-Chemico, Inc., and Midwest Grain and Barge, donated the utility vehicle, to support the University's agriculture program of which he and several of his employees are graduates.
"I am an alumnus, and our companies are agriculturally based in the Cape Girardeau area," Mothershead said. "This is just one way for us to help the University and the agriculture program. The Southeast Department of Agriculture is very important to this region."
The 4-wheel drive utility vehicle with a tilting cargo bed will be used at Southeast's David M. Barton Agriculture Research Center, the Charles J. Nemenick Alternative Agriculture Gardens and the Charles L. Hutson Agriculture Greenhouse to haul materials, feed and fertilizer.