- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
Good Samaritan: Midwest Agri-Chemico Donates Vehicle to Southeast Ag Program
Midwest Agri-Chemico, Inc., and Midwest Grain and Barge Company of Cape Girardeau have donated a Kawasaki 4010 Mule to the Department of Agriculture at Southeast Missouri State University.
Russ Mothershead, president and CEO of Midwest Agri-Chemico, Inc., and Midwest Grain and Barge, donated the utility vehicle, to support the University's agriculture program of which he and several of his employees are graduates.
"I am an alumnus, and our companies are agriculturally based in the Cape Girardeau area," Mothershead said. "This is just one way for us to help the University and the agriculture program. The Southeast Department of Agriculture is very important to this region."
The 4-wheel drive utility vehicle with a tilting cargo bed will be used at Southeast's David M. Barton Agriculture Research Center, the Charles J. Nemenick Alternative Agriculture Gardens and the Charles L. Hutson Agriculture Greenhouse to haul materials, feed and fertilizer.