- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Postal employees to rally outside Senate offices
Postal employees, community activists and retirees will rally outside Senate offices around the country Thursday, including at Cape Girardeau's federal building.
According to a news release from the Missouri National Association of Letter Carriers, the rally is being done to protest proposed cuts to the postal service, which are expected to eliminate employees.
The rally in Cape Girardeau will happen at 4:30 p.m. at the federal building at 555 Independence St., outside Sen. Claire McCaskill's office.