- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Broadway's 300 block reopened following morning closure
The 300 block of Broadway has reopened after it was shut down for much of Thursday morning.
The block was shut down starting at 9 a.m. to accommodate work being done for local television station KFVS12, city officials said.
The work, which calls for large cranes, was properly permitted by the CBS affiliate. It was expected to only take about four or five hours, she said. City engineer Casey Brunke wasn't sure exactly what the work entailed, except that it was being done on KFVS's roof.
The street closure was not caused by the $4.5 million Broadway corridor project that is underway from Water to Spanish streets, she said. But when KFVS's management contacted the city about doing the work, Brunke said that now is a good time because it needed to be completed before the city project progresses to the Broadway's 300 and 400 block in a few weeks.
300 block of Broadway, Cape Girardeau, MO