- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
Geocaching at the Cape Nature Center
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Naturalists at the Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center will combine GPS navigational skills with outdoor exercise and appreciation of nature at the Spring GPS Challenge, April 21 from 1-3 p.m.
"Whether you're into geocaching or just want to brush up on your outdoor skills, the Spring GPS Challenge is a great way to get out for some fresh air and fun," said Greg Jacobs, a Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) Nature Center Naturalist.
According to the MDC, geocaching is a great way to get out and explore new areas while enjoying the excitement of a treasure hunt.
"Participants who have their own GPS units may pick up their clue sheets at the Nature Center and set off on their search," said Jacobs. "Those who have never used a GPS unit can receive instructions on how to get started."
Jacobs said there are a limited number of GPS units available at the Nature Center for those who do not own one.
Jacobs encourages families or groups to attend. He said geocaching is a great way to learn how to navigate a GPS while discovering nature. He said Discover Nature events are designed to enrich Missouri's economy and quality of life.
The event is free and no registration is required. For more information on this event and others at the Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center, call 573-290-5218 or go online to www.mdc.mo.gov