- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Geocaching at the Cape Nature Center
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- Naturalists at the Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center will combine GPS navigational skills with outdoor exercise and appreciation of nature at the Spring GPS Challenge, April 21 from 1-3 p.m.
"Whether you're into geocaching or just want to brush up on your outdoor skills, the Spring GPS Challenge is a great way to get out for some fresh air and fun," said Greg Jacobs, a Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) Nature Center Naturalist.
According to the MDC, geocaching is a great way to get out and explore new areas while enjoying the excitement of a treasure hunt.
"Participants who have their own GPS units may pick up their clue sheets at the Nature Center and set off on their search," said Jacobs. "Those who have never used a GPS unit can receive instructions on how to get started."
Jacobs said there are a limited number of GPS units available at the Nature Center for those who do not own one.
Jacobs encourages families or groups to attend. He said geocaching is a great way to learn how to navigate a GPS while discovering nature. He said Discover Nature events are designed to enrich Missouri's economy and quality of life.
The event is free and no registration is required. For more information on this event and others at the Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center, call 573-290-5218 or go online to www.mdc.mo.gov