- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)6
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Last May Cape Girardeau lost a talented musician and first-class gentleman, Dr. Gary Miller. Miller, who at the time of his death served as the associate dean and director of the Earl and Margie Holland School of Visual and Performing Arts, frequently appeared in local performances. Though the organ and harpsichord were his primary instruments, Miller could also impress on the oboe, cello and piano.
Tonight the university's chamber choir will honor the late musician with a 7 p.m. performance at the Shuck Music Recital Hall. The choir, Cantus Choralis, will perform "In Memoriam," composed by Southeast professor of music Robert Fruehwald in honor of Miller. Renaissance music, as well as contemporary selections, will also be performed.
Another event at the River Campus also begins tonight. "Spring into Dance," the university's annual dance concert, kicks off at the Bedell Performance Hall. Performances will take place at 7:30 tonight, Friday and Saturday. A 2:30 p.m. performance will be held on Sunday.
Tickets for both events are available through the River Campus box office by calling 651-2265, or online at www.rivercampusevents.com.
Tonight's choir concert as well as the dance performances will showcase impressive talent. We hope you consider attending.