- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Jackson police and fire report 4/12/12
The Jackson Police Department released the following items. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Shelly R. Mathes, 40, 777 Aaron Drive, was arrested on suspicion of assault.
* Lawrence A. Guthrie, 45, 1240 Broadridge Drive, was arrested on suspicion of failure to obey a lawful order, assault and resisting arrest.
* Patricia A. Baugh, 52, of Cape Girardeau received a summons for failure to register a motor vehicle and failure to provide proof of insurance.
* Theft was reported in the 1000 block of Highland Drive.
* Property damage was reported in the 2500 block of Litz Boulevard.
* Property damage was reported in the 1700 block of Old Cape Road.
* A peace disturbance was reported in the 1600 block of West Independence Street.
Firefighters responded to the following calls Monday:
* Citizen assist on North Bast Street.
* Controlled burn on Old Orchard Road.
* Emergency medical service on South Shawnee Boulevard.
* Emergency medical service on South Farmington Road.
Firefighters responded to the following calls Tuesday:
* Emergency medical service on West Independence Street.
* Emergency medical service on Woodland Drive.
* Emergency medical service on Kent Street.