- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Clara M. Dohogne, 97, of Chaffee died Tuesday, April 10, 2012, at the family home.
She was born Jan. 4, 1915, in Commerce, Mo., to Otto and Elizabeth LeDure Vetter. She married August J. Dohogne on Nov. 21, 1946. He preceded her in death July 7, 1998.
Clara was a retired sales clerk and bookkeeper for Dame Lumber Co. in Chaffee. She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church and Daughters of St. Ambrose.
She is survived by two daughters, Mary "Maggie" Peters of Cape Girardeau, Claret (John) Eftink of Chaffee; a sister, Louise Seiler of Benton, Mo.; three grandchildren, Julie Peters (fiance Tom Moore Jr.) of Jackson, Jason Peters of Madison, Wis., and Jan Eftink of London.
She was preceded in death by a brother, Ralph Vetter; two sisters, Alma Vetter and Bertha Dumey; and a son-in-law, Matthew Peters.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee. Parish prayer service will be at 6 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Ambrose Church, with the Rev. Randy Tochtrop as celebrant. Burial will be in St. Ambrose Cemetery.