- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)6
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Clara M. Dohogne, 97, of Chaffee died Tuesday, April 10, 2012, at the family home.
She was born Jan. 4, 1915, in Commerce, Mo., to Otto and Elizabeth LeDure Vetter. She married August J. Dohogne on Nov. 21, 1946. He preceded her in death July 7, 1998.
Clara was a retired sales clerk and bookkeeper for Dame Lumber Co. in Chaffee. She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church and Daughters of St. Ambrose.
She is survived by two daughters, Mary "Maggie" Peters of Cape Girardeau, Claret (John) Eftink of Chaffee; a sister, Louise Seiler of Benton, Mo.; three grandchildren, Julie Peters (fiance Tom Moore Jr.) of Jackson, Jason Peters of Madison, Wis., and Jan Eftink of London.
She was preceded in death by a brother, Ralph Vetter; two sisters, Alma Vetter and Bertha Dumey; and a son-in-law, Matthew Peters.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee. Parish prayer service will be at 6 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Ambrose Church, with the Rev. Randy Tochtrop as celebrant. Burial will be in St. Ambrose Cemetery.