- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Mo. House OKs property tax break for military
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Missourians who serve in the military could get a break on some taxes under a proposed constitutional amendment endorsed by the House.
The measure would provide an exemption on personal property that active-duty military personnel from Missouri don't use while they're stationed outside the country. The measure needs another vote before moving to the state Senate.
Ultimately, the constitutional amendment authorizing the property tax break would need to be approved by voters later this year.
Military tax break is HJR71
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.