- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
Alaska-Bound CH-47 Helicopter's refuel at KCGI
These Hercules/Chinook CH-47 Helicopters were picked up by their crews in Savannah, Georgia, and are on their way to Wainwright, Alaska...a trip that they estimate will take them 7 days.
They were loaded heavy with crew gear, and trying to manage the aircraft's weight, so each took only a measly 700+ gallons of our fine Jet-A fuel. Really thirsty Chinooks can empty our 2200 gallon truck REAL fast, and make us do runs to the fuel farm between fill-ups!