- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- Jackson elementary students try to help others with 'kindness boxes' (11/6/17)1
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Chantelle Becking strives to make a difference through her family and community (11/10/17)
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Cape County boy writes letter, hears from President Donald Trump (11/10/17)
- Medical marijuana may go to voters for decision (11/8/17)4
- Fourth-grade teacher Andrea Cox teaches students how to code, adapt to new technology (11/10/17)
Alaska-Bound CH-47 Helicopter's refuel at KCGI
These Hercules/Chinook CH-47 Helicopters were picked up by their crews in Savannah, Georgia, and are on their way to Wainwright, Alaska...a trip that they estimate will take them 7 days.
They were loaded heavy with crew gear, and trying to manage the aircraft's weight, so each took only a measly 700+ gallons of our fine Jet-A fuel. Really thirsty Chinooks can empty our 2200 gallon truck REAL fast, and make us do runs to the fuel farm between fill-ups!