- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Leonard Bailey Shackles, 88, of O'Fallon, Mo., passed away Sunday, March 25, 2012, at Garden View Care Center in O'Fallon.
He was born June 21, 1923, in Chaffee, son of William Leonard and Gladys Irene Bailey Shackles. He and Betty Points were married Sept. 8, 1945.
Bailey was a 1941 graduate of Chaffee High School.
During World War II he was a chief petty officer in the U.S. Navy.
Bailey was employed by Terminal Railroad Association, working as an engineer in St. Louis from 1953 until retiring in 1986.
Loving survivors include his wife of 66 years; a daughter, Nancy Wade of O'Fallon; a granddaughter, Stacey (Donald) King of O'Fallon; three great-grandchildren, Kassandra, Mason and Samantha Bailey King; nieces, nephews and their families.
He was preceded in death by a sister, Susie McFerron of Chaffee.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau, with the Rev. Matthew Butrum officiating.
McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson is in charge of arrangements.
Memorials are suggested to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105-1942.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.