- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Leonard Bailey Shackles, 88, of O'Fallon, Mo., passed away Sunday, March 25, 2012, at Garden View Care Center in O'Fallon.
He was born June 21, 1923, in Chaffee, son of William Leonard and Gladys Irene Bailey Shackles. He and Betty Points were married Sept. 8, 1945.
Bailey was a 1941 graduate of Chaffee High School.
During World War II he was a chief petty officer in the U.S. Navy.
Bailey was employed by Terminal Railroad Association, working as an engineer in St. Louis from 1953 until retiring in 1986.
Loving survivors include his wife of 66 years; a daughter, Nancy Wade of O'Fallon; a granddaughter, Stacey (Donald) King of O'Fallon; three great-grandchildren, Kassandra, Mason and Samantha Bailey King; nieces, nephews and their families.
He was preceded in death by a sister, Susie McFerron of Chaffee.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau, with the Rev. Matthew Butrum officiating.
McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson is in charge of arrangements.
Memorials are suggested to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105-1942.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.