- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
First Friday receptions 4/6/12
FIRST FRIDAY RECEPTIONS
The Artist Studio
The works of studio owner and instructor Judy Westrich will be showcased. Schedules will be available for her spring watercolor and acrylic classes.
38A N. Main St.; 651-4464
Arts Council of Southeast Missouri
The Visual Arts Cooperative, made up of 51 regional artists, will host its 10th annual show. Reception from 5 to 9 p.m.
32 N. Main St.; 334-9233
Gallery of Inspirations
Featuring new works by consumer artists of the Community Counseling Center. Reception from 5 to 9 p.m.
5 N. Main St.
the painted Wren Art Gallery
Paintings by two local exhibitors will be on display for the first time in a gallery. Rural landscape paintings by Marge Schuesseler and acrylic paintings by Melinda Hellman. Many other new works will also be on display for sale.
5-H N. Main St.
Bilderbach Art Plaza
Local artist Neil Zlockovich, a commission artist with Mozaic Art Studio, will be featured in the front gallery. Live music will be provided by Andrew Chad.
5 N. Main St.
Around Town has chosen Mozaic as the featured studio for the month of April, so it will remain open until 10 p.m. Works by Marti Hartle of Soul Reflections Stained Glass Mosaics will be showcased.
5 N. Main St.
Jeanie Eddelman will have two new drawings on display, "Bilderbach Art Plaza" and "Ed's Bar." Dr. Joel Ray will be showing "Innovations of Photography."
5 N. Main St., 576-3828
Black Door Gallery
The works of assemblage artist Sarah Shoot from Makanda, Ill. will be showcased.
124 S. Spanish St.; 225-7734
River Campus Art Gallery
The Southeast Missouri State University student branch of the professional graphic design organization AIGA will hold a juried exhibition of typography titled "Notable Quotable."
518 S. Fountain St.; 651-2143
The work of rural impressionist Lynn Lancaster will be on display. Lancaster will be present for the reception.
631 S. Sprigg St.; 332-7673
The gallery will exhibit "Organica," a collection of works by Bob Grable. Reception from 5 to 9 p.m.
1606 Independence St., 3A; 334-4100
Edward Bernard Gallery
Sculptures by Meridian Street Art Glass of Valley Center, Kan., bowls from Willsea O'Brien Glass of Naples, N.Y., and jewelry from Robert Parsons of Cape Girardeau will be on display. Glass dragon eggs sitting in a nest by Elodie Holmes, of Santa Fe, N.M., will also be featured. The gallery will be open from 5 to 8 p.m. for a reception.
107 West Drive, Suite D; 332-7733
PITTER'S CAFE AND LOUNGE
Works by Beth Roeseler will be featured during a reception from 5 to 9 p.m.
811 Broadway; 339-0777