- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Speak Out 4/6/12
CONGRATULATIONS to the business team from Southeast on its recent win at an international competition, a first by any U.S. school. This is proof that our university is graduating top-notch students capable of competing with the best in the world. How sad that this great accomplishment received only a short mention in our local paper on the very same day a former beauty pageant winner from China made the front page of Good Times.
I was listening to the news recently, and I wanted to hear what was going on. I got a long-distance call and missed the entire episode, and I called the station and some nice young woman very kindly explained what it was that I missed. I want her to know how much I appreciated her courtesy and her kindness to me. I thank her for her kindness.