- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Speak Out 4/6/12
CONGRATULATIONS to the business team from Southeast on its recent win at an international competition, a first by any U.S. school. This is proof that our university is graduating top-notch students capable of competing with the best in the world. How sad that this great accomplishment received only a short mention in our local paper on the very same day a former beauty pageant winner from China made the front page of Good Times.
I was listening to the news recently, and I wanted to hear what was going on. I got a long-distance call and missed the entire episode, and I called the station and some nice young woman very kindly explained what it was that I missed. I want her to know how much I appreciated her courtesy and her kindness to me. I thank her for her kindness.