- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)11
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)10
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)11
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)23
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
Speak Out 4/6/12
CONGRATULATIONS to the business team from Southeast on its recent win at an international competition, a first by any U.S. school. This is proof that our university is graduating top-notch students capable of competing with the best in the world. How sad that this great accomplishment received only a short mention in our local paper on the very same day a former beauty pageant winner from China made the front page of Good Times.
I was listening to the news recently, and I wanted to hear what was going on. I got a long-distance call and missed the entire episode, and I called the station and some nice young woman very kindly explained what it was that I missed. I want her to know how much I appreciated her courtesy and her kindness to me. I thank her for her kindness.