- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Speak Out 4/6/12
CONGRATULATIONS to the business team from Southeast on its recent win at an international competition, a first by any U.S. school. This is proof that our university is graduating top-notch students capable of competing with the best in the world. How sad that this great accomplishment received only a short mention in our local paper on the very same day a former beauty pageant winner from China made the front page of Good Times.
I was listening to the news recently, and I wanted to hear what was going on. I got a long-distance call and missed the entire episode, and I called the station and some nice young woman very kindly explained what it was that I missed. I want her to know how much I appreciated her courtesy and her kindness to me. I thank her for her kindness.