- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
The mild winter and early spring has led to some early beauty in Southeast Missouri.
One place to visit this time of year is the Pinecrest Azalea Garden near Oak Ridge. The azaleas are absolutely stunning right now. To see the flowers, check out the photo gallery at semissourian.com. Enjoy the photos, but we also encourage you to see the beauty in person.
Speaking of local beauty, this is the time of year when Charleston, Mo., really shines. Though the 44th annual Dogwood and Azalea Festival will take place later this month, it might be worth an early trip to Mississippi County to see the beautiful flowers and trees.
Enjoy this Easter weekend and consider taking some time to enjoy the outdoor beauty.