- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
The mild winter and early spring has led to some early beauty in Southeast Missouri.
One place to visit this time of year is the Pinecrest Azalea Garden near Oak Ridge. The azaleas are absolutely stunning right now. To see the flowers, check out the photo gallery at semissourian.com. Enjoy the photos, but we also encourage you to see the beauty in person.
Speaking of local beauty, this is the time of year when Charleston, Mo., really shines. Though the 44th annual Dogwood and Azalea Festival will take place later this month, it might be worth an early trip to Mississippi County to see the beautiful flowers and trees.
Enjoy this Easter weekend and consider taking some time to enjoy the outdoor beauty.