- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
The mild winter and early spring has led to some early beauty in Southeast Missouri.
One place to visit this time of year is the Pinecrest Azalea Garden near Oak Ridge. The azaleas are absolutely stunning right now. To see the flowers, check out the photo gallery at semissourian.com. Enjoy the photos, but we also encourage you to see the beauty in person.
Speaking of local beauty, this is the time of year when Charleston, Mo., really shines. Though the 44th annual Dogwood and Azalea Festival will take place later this month, it might be worth an early trip to Mississippi County to see the beautiful flowers and trees.
Enjoy this Easter weekend and consider taking some time to enjoy the outdoor beauty.