- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Jackson woman accused of trying to hit another with her truck (6/15/17)
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Police search for two suspects in abduction, robbery case; victim found unharmed in Scott County field (6/16/17)1
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Racial disparity of traffic stops inches upward in Cape (6/15/17)6
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
The mild winter and early spring has led to some early beauty in Southeast Missouri.
One place to visit this time of year is the Pinecrest Azalea Garden near Oak Ridge. The azaleas are absolutely stunning right now. To see the flowers, check out the photo gallery at semissourian.com. Enjoy the photos, but we also encourage you to see the beauty in person.
Speaking of local beauty, this is the time of year when Charleston, Mo., really shines. Though the 44th annual Dogwood and Azalea Festival will take place later this month, it might be worth an early trip to Mississippi County to see the beautiful flowers and trees.
Enjoy this Easter weekend and consider taking some time to enjoy the outdoor beauty.