- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Missouri House endorses ads on school buses
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- Missouri House members have approved legislation that would allow advertising on school buses to help districts cover transportation costs.
The legislation would allow school districts to lease space on the inside and exterior of school buses for private advertisements. Ads could not feature gambling, alcohol or tobacco. And the state Board of Education would be responsible for developing rules for the school bus ads.
Districts would be required to spend half the income from the ads for transportation costs.
The House passed the bill Thursday on a vote of 83-65, just one favorable vote more than the minimum needed for approval. The measure now moves to the state Senate.