- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)29
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Congratulations to Braves
Recently we had the privilege to serve as team hosts for the Scott County Central Braves during the 2012 Show-Me Showdown. We spent time with the coaches, players, cheerleaders and fans at practice sessions and state tournament games. We were truly impressed with their excellent behavior and attention to why they were in Columbia -- to win another championship!
We congratulate these young men and women for serving as distinguished representatives of their community, school, parents and especially themselves. It was our pleasure to see the Scott County Central youth in such a positive manner, and everyone should be proud of them.
Hope to see everyone in Columbia again next year.
GEORGE AND RAELENE DERRIEUX,