- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Congratulations to Braves
Recently we had the privilege to serve as team hosts for the Scott County Central Braves during the 2012 Show-Me Showdown. We spent time with the coaches, players, cheerleaders and fans at practice sessions and state tournament games. We were truly impressed with their excellent behavior and attention to why they were in Columbia -- to win another championship!
We congratulate these young men and women for serving as distinguished representatives of their community, school, parents and especially themselves. It was our pleasure to see the Scott County Central youth in such a positive manner, and everyone should be proud of them.
Hope to see everyone in Columbia again next year.
GEORGE AND RAELENE DERRIEUX,