- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)7
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Southeast president to get his U.S. citizenship July 4 (06/30/16)32
- Cape murderer still will serve 2 life sentences; appeals court forced reduced charge (06/30/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Congratulations to Braves
Recently we had the privilege to serve as team hosts for the Scott County Central Braves during the 2012 Show-Me Showdown. We spent time with the coaches, players, cheerleaders and fans at practice sessions and state tournament games. We were truly impressed with their excellent behavior and attention to why they were in Columbia -- to win another championship!
We congratulate these young men and women for serving as distinguished representatives of their community, school, parents and especially themselves. It was our pleasure to see the Scott County Central youth in such a positive manner, and everyone should be proud of them.
Hope to see everyone in Columbia again next year.
GEORGE AND RAELENE DERRIEUX,