- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)9
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)58
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- City wants to put hold on shipping container houses for now (4/17/17)1
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Congratulations to Braves
Recently we had the privilege to serve as team hosts for the Scott County Central Braves during the 2012 Show-Me Showdown. We spent time with the coaches, players, cheerleaders and fans at practice sessions and state tournament games. We were truly impressed with their excellent behavior and attention to why they were in Columbia -- to win another championship!
We congratulate these young men and women for serving as distinguished representatives of their community, school, parents and especially themselves. It was our pleasure to see the Scott County Central youth in such a positive manner, and everyone should be proud of them.
Hope to see everyone in Columbia again next year.
GEORGE AND RAELENE DERRIEUX,