- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- Patrick Ray "Peanut" Merick, 48, of Bloomfield passed away Tuesday, April 3, 2012, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
The son of Harold Merick and the late Joyce Ray, he was born Jan. 14, 1964, in Tracy, Calif.
Merick had lived in Bloomfield most of his life. He was a farmer.
He retired from the U.S. Air Force in 1992. He was a decorated sergeant and was awarded the Air Force Achievement Medal, Air Force Good Conduct Medal, NCO Professional Military Education Graduate Ribbon, Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon, Humanitarian Service Medal, National Defense Service Medal and the Air Force Training Ribbon. He also served in the U.S. National Guard.
Surviving is a son, Matthew Merick of Bloomfield; his father and stepmother, Harold and Brenda Merick of Bloomfield; a brother, Randy Merick of Wappapello, Mo.; a sister, Sandra Campbell of Dexter, Mo.; a special friend, Diann Brotherton of Bloomfield; other relatives and many friends.
Friends may visit from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Chiles-Cooper Funeral Home in Bloomfield.
The funeral will be at 5 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kenneth Lambert of Bloomfield officiating. Interment will be in Bloomfield Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to 18 Fore Life, 705 Laurie Circle, Dexter, MO 63841.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.watkinsfuneralhome.com.