- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Morning crash ties up traffic on I-55 at Cape Girardeau
A crash shut down one lane of southbound Interstate 55 in Cape Girardeau during the morning rush Wednesday.
The crash happened just before 7 a.m. when a 19-year-old male driver fell asleep and left the road, according to Cape Girardeau Police Department spokesman Darin Hickey. The driver was cited for failure to maintain a single lane. A 17-year-old female passenger received moderate injuries in the crash. Traffic was reduced at the 94 mile marker for about 30 minutes following the accident.