- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)58
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)2
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
HWG hosts Aaron Picar visit
The Heartland Writer's Guild (HWG) will meet at 2 pm Sunday, April 14th at the Steck House, next door to First Presbyterian Church (206 E. Washington Street, Jackson). Guest speaker will be Aaron Picar,writer/teacher, musician/artist whose debut album, "Rise Together" garnered acclaim from award winning musicians and industry insiders.
Picar has been featured in several art shows highlighting his original camera phone photography. "Ultimately, I hope that in my art, writing, music, and everything else I do, you see beyond yourself to something greater", said Picar. See http://aaronpicar.com
Picar will share the art of song writing with HWG. Those interested may visit. Parking is available on the church parking lot with entry available through the back door of Steck House (more accessible). For more information about HWG membership see WWW.heartlandwriters.org or e-mail email@example.com.