- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)3
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)3
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Jackson School District giving away bricks from 'Old A' building (6/23/17)2
HWG hosts Aaron Picar visit
The Heartland Writer's Guild (HWG) will meet at 2 pm Sunday, April 14th at the Steck House, next door to First Presbyterian Church (206 E. Washington Street, Jackson). Guest speaker will be Aaron Picar,writer/teacher, musician/artist whose debut album, "Rise Together" garnered acclaim from award winning musicians and industry insiders.
Picar has been featured in several art shows highlighting his original camera phone photography. "Ultimately, I hope that in my art, writing, music, and everything else I do, you see beyond yourself to something greater", said Picar. See http://aaronpicar.com
Picar will share the art of song writing with HWG. Those interested may visit. Parking is available on the church parking lot with entry available through the back door of Steck House (more accessible). For more information about HWG membership see WWW.heartlandwriters.org or e-mail email@example.com.