- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)29
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
HWG hosts Aaron Picar visit
The Heartland Writer's Guild (HWG) will meet at 2 pm Sunday, April 14th at the Steck House, next door to First Presbyterian Church (206 E. Washington Street, Jackson). Guest speaker will be Aaron Picar,writer/teacher, musician/artist whose debut album, "Rise Together" garnered acclaim from award winning musicians and industry insiders.
Picar has been featured in several art shows highlighting his original camera phone photography. "Ultimately, I hope that in my art, writing, music, and everything else I do, you see beyond yourself to something greater", said Picar. See http://aaronpicar.com
Picar will share the art of song writing with HWG. Those interested may visit. Parking is available on the church parking lot with entry available through the back door of Steck House (more accessible). For more information about HWG membership see WWW.heartlandwriters.org or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.