- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)22
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
HWG hosts Aaron Picar visit
The Heartland Writer's Guild (HWG) will meet at 2 pm Sunday, April 14th at the Steck House, next door to First Presbyterian Church (206 E. Washington Street, Jackson). Guest speaker will be Aaron Picar,writer/teacher, musician/artist whose debut album, "Rise Together" garnered acclaim from award winning musicians and industry insiders.
Picar has been featured in several art shows highlighting his original camera phone photography. "Ultimately, I hope that in my art, writing, music, and everything else I do, you see beyond yourself to something greater", said Picar. See http://aaronpicar.com
Picar will share the art of song writing with HWG. Those interested may visit. Parking is available on the church parking lot with entry available through the back door of Steck House (more accessible). For more information about HWG membership see WWW.heartlandwriters.org or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.