- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
HWG hosts Aaron Picar visit
The Heartland Writer's Guild (HWG) will meet at 2 pm Sunday, April 14th at the Steck House, next door to First Presbyterian Church (206 E. Washington Street, Jackson). Guest speaker will be Aaron Picar,writer/teacher, musician/artist whose debut album, "Rise Together" garnered acclaim from award winning musicians and industry insiders.
Picar has been featured in several art shows highlighting his original camera phone photography. "Ultimately, I hope that in my art, writing, music, and everything else I do, you see beyond yourself to something greater", said Picar. See http://aaronpicar.com
Picar will share the art of song writing with HWG. Those interested may visit. Parking is available on the church parking lot with entry available through the back door of Steck House (more accessible). For more information about HWG membership see WWW.heartlandwriters.org or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.