- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Doris Marie Washington, 67, of Sikeston passed away Tuesday, April 3, 2012, at Hunter Acres Caring Center.
She was born April 17, 1944, in Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Charles and Emma McClain Windeknecht; husband Walter Washington; brothers Earl "Wayne," Charles Lloyd and Donald Ray Windeknecht; and sister Charlene Rose Windeknecht.
Doris is survived by five siblings, Nelson Rex Windeknecht and wife Barbara, Ruth Ann (Elmer) LaClair, Judith (Larry) Allen, Galen Windeknecht and wife Faye, and Phyllis (Charles) Holcomb. Many nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews also survive.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until time of service Friday at the C.Z. Boyer and Son Funeral Home in Bonne Terre, Mo.
Funeral service will be at noon Friday at the funeral chapel. Burial will be at 2:15 p.m. Friday at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery.
Online obituary and condolences are available at www.czboyer.com.