- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)14
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Speak Out 4/4/12
WHY do people keep referring to contraception being covered under an employer's health care coverage as "free." Name one employer providing free health care coverage. I doubt you can. I have to pay for my health care through my employer, so do you. No company is providing truly free health care. Free contraception sure sounds like a GOP fantasy rather than fact. Keep twisting reality, GOP.
MELISSA Miller recently shared a story about electric utility rates. When will someone address the effect of EPA and other requirements?
MISSOURI Veterans Homes pride themselves on "veteran-centered care." Recently I found out my family member is being forced out of bed in the middle of the night to get a shower. Where did the person-centered care go?
I am wondering why the Missourian took only eight pictures of the Iraq event held at Ray's on March 20 but took 20 pictures of the pub crawl. I doubt there would have been a pub crawl if we didn't have our freedom. Our veterans make that freedom possible, and they didn't get as much press as a pub crawl. Thank you, veterans, for your service past, present and in the future. God bless America.
THANK you, Southeast Missourian, for your in-depth coverage of the turmoil between the parents of Jackson students and the district. Maybe everyone will start to realize that Jackson is perhaps not the best place for students in the area.
SOUTHERN Illinois has been living on Chicago leftovers for far too long. It is time for Southern Illinoisians to be heard. Speak up and vote your heart.
Cleaning up crime
THE city really needs to do something about cleaning up the crime on South Hanover Street. Cape Girardeau has people trained in fighting crime, so I am sure it could be done if the desire was there.
CONCERNING the deer problem in Cape Girardeau: We have to remember that the deer aren't in our way, we are in their way. If you kill the ones that get through the city limits, more will just come in and it would just be a wasted effort.