- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Speak Out 4/1/12
@sco:A month early
THE dogwoods, redbuds and azaleas are already blooming and it's still March. I mean they are almost a month ahead of time. What does this mean for our summer? Is it going to be cool to make up for the warm weather now? Or is it going to be really hot?
@sco:Thoughts on Ameren
A lot of workers don't get employee benefits. So why should we have an increase for Ameren to provide them benefits? Also, quit sending out individual comparison fuel usage from one year to the next. The electricity and postage will save you a lot of money. Start using common sense.
@sco:Leave deer alone
I think we should leave the deer in Cape alone. At least they are gathering their own food, and they are not relying on the government to give them food stamps.
I'VE been very interested in the controversy over the deer control in Cape Girardeau. Living on a farm, I am aware of crop damage from deer. However, the dangers they present on streets and roads is much greater. These collisions can result in not only material damage, but even death.