- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. -- Ruth Worthington, 92, of Olive Branch died Thursday, March 29, 2012, at Perry County Memorial Hospital in Perryville, Mo.
She was born Dec. 8, 1919, in Lakewood, Ill., to James and Amy Roberts Blakemore. She married Ben Worthington June 15, 1940. He preceded her in death July 31, 1993.
Ruth was a member of Lake Milligan Baptist Church. She worked many years with her husband operating the family farm, Worthington Courts Motel and Worthington Hunting Club. She loved her flowers and gardening.
Survivors include a son, C.J. (Karen) Worthington of Olive Branch; three grandchildren, Ryan (Suzi) Worthington and Amy (Mark) Webb of Perryville, Melodee (Bobby) Henderson of Olive Branch; two great-grandchildren, McKenna Webb and Morgan Henderson; nieces, nephews and other relatives.
She was preceded in death by her husband; parents; a son, J.B. Worthington; four brothers, Joe, Jim, John and Paul Blakemore.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Verlee Eaker officiating. Interment will be in Olive Branch Cemetery.
To leave online condolences, please visit www.crainsonline.com.